Night Blindness is the inability of the eyes to see well at night or under poor light I.e poor adaptability to low light conditions.
-Difficulty moving around in dim light.
-Difficulty driving at night.
-Difficulty recognizing faces in dim light.
-longer time of adjusting to a bright room after being in the dark.
-sensitivity to light.
-Vitamin A deficiency
Treatment is administered according to the underlying cause by an eye care professional.
Night Blindness can be prevented by taking the following steps
1. Eat food/fruits rich in Vitamin A.
2. Wear UV rays/antiglare Protective Eyewear.
3. Check your Blood sugar level regularly and adhere to the medication prescribed by your physician.
4. Check your eye pressure (intra-ocular pressure) regularly.
5. Avoid performing tasks under low light conditions.
6. Have an annual comprehensive eye exam.