Polycarbonate lens is a type of lens made of plastic that is more impact resistant than standard plastic lenses. It is also known as a virtually unbreakable lens.
Benefits of polycarbonate lenses
Safe and durable: it is 200 times stronger than glass; reducing the need for replacement.
-Lightweight and thin: it is lighter and thinner in weight which makes it comfortable for everyday wear.
– UV protection: it has built-in ultraviolet protection I.e blocking harmful UV rays from the sun and thereby preventing cataracts, macular degeneration, pterygium.
- Children: it is highly recommended for children’s lenses because they are more active. it won’t break and their eyes are protected.
- Someone with little or no vision in one eye. :this is because the good eye should be protected from further damage.
- Anyone that plays sport: playing sports while wearing lenses that are not polycarbonate is dangerous and can result in a serious eye injury.
- Working in a hazardous industry : polycarbonate lenses are recommended as safety lenses for industries like construction site, security companies, fire fighters, warehouse workers, manufacturing companies.
- It is also the best choice for Rimless eyeglasses.
- It is recommended for everyone.